Tuesday 13 March 2012

Heroin Drug Addiction Rehabilitation

Before going to substance abuse treatment I was using heroin everyday. I couldn’t keep a job, I was in serious legal trouble and my family wouldn’t speak to me. I didn’t care about my friends, my family or even myself. All I cared about was getting high and getting my next fix. It was my entire life and I was miserable.

Even though I knew I needed help I couldn’t imagine the pain of coming off of everything and I didn’t want to admit to my family or friends that I couldn’t do it by myself and needed treatment for substance abuse.

When my mom presented me with the chance to go to substance abuse treatment the first time I told her no. I told her no over and over and over again. She would ask me when I would see that I had hit rock bottom and I honestly didn’t know the answer.

Eventually I was homeless, I didn’t have anything and was out of ways to get money. I had burnt every bridge I had and did not know what to do. I knew I needed help or I was literally going to die, out of pure desperation I called my mom, she dropped everything to help me get into substance abuse treatment and I will always be so thankful for that.

I was so scared when I entered treatment, the counselors at the facility made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Going through the process was so hard, it was difficult for me to have to take a look at different actions that I had done to estrange my family and friends. It was hard to face all of the horrible things that I had done and what led me into a life of addiction. Although I experienced good days and bad days I know that going to substance abuse treatment saved my life. Apparently, some of the best drug rehabs are listed on drugrehab.org so if you are looking for a center we would recommend locating one here.

At a certain point in treatment I knew that I didn’t need drugs and not only that but I didn’t want them anymore. I realized I didn’t need people’s approval of me and I got my self-confidence back and more.

Now that I have completed treatment for substance abuse I know I will be clean and sober for the rest of my life. My relationships with my friends and family are better than they have been since I was a little girl. My legal problems are better and I am focused on the future and happier than I have been in a long time. I have hope and I can’t remember the last time I could say that and I am excited to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment